|Business coaching is a powerful approach for those wanting to develop their own careers, or those of their staff, and people facing career transition.|
HOW WILL I BENEFIT FROM COACHING? Coaching enhances your ability to learn, create, make desired changes, and achieve goals. In a coaching relationship, your coach works with you to:
- Get clear about what you want to accomplish
- Solve problems and eliminate obstacles
- Set specific goals and make effective action plans
- Learn new skills and techniques
- Gain perspective, get feedback, and discover new ideas
- Stay true to your vision, focused on your goals, and on track with your plans
WHO BECOMES A COACHING CLIENT? Business coaching is appropriate for any manager or professional who wishes to reach their full potential or manage an enforced change to best advantage.
Wendy Mason has depth of experience as a manager, consultant, coach and mentor.
She specializes in supporting people and organizations, particularly those going through change and transformation. She provides a discrete business coaching service for those wanting to develop their own careers, or those of their staff and people facing career transition. She is used to working with people from diverse backgrounds and her experience includes public, private and voluntary sectors. You can find her full resume on LinkedIn at http://uk.linkedin.com/in/wendymasonwisewolf
WHEN DO I NEED A BUSINESS COACH? You should consider working with a coach when you are:
- Wanting to improve the way you carry out your present role
- Newly promoted
- Moving from a professional/technical role to general manager
- Taking on major new project
- Getting ready for the next promotion
- Contemplating a career change
- Wanting to do career stock take before planning for the future
- Starting a new business
- Choosing to make significant changes in how your business or organization works
- Having trouble managing people, projects, or time
- Facing significant changes in how your business or organization works
- Facing an enforced personal change like redundancy
IS COACHING DIFFERENT FROM CONSULTING? Yes… and no. Traditional consulting focuses on offering external solutions and prescriptive advice. Coaching facilitates the discovery of answers that are uniquely your own. Your coach provides guidance, expertise, recommendations, and skill-building techniques whenever they are useful, but doesn’t do things for you, nor tell you exactly what to do. Coaching is typically more allied to training or mentoring than it is to consulting, because the emphasis is on your own learning and experience rather than on specific answers provided by an outside expert. Your coach will supply you with ideas, resources, models, and systems that are proven to work, but won’t hand you a completed action plan nor assert that there’s only one right way to accomplish your goals.
HOW DO I GET STARTED? One-on-one coaching can happen in one to one meetings or over the phone. You may offer ongoing coaching or single sessions. You may also choose coaching for your management, project team or work group.
Ongoing coaching relationships begin with an initial session to create an overall strategy. Regular coaching sessions are the held weekly, biweekly, or monthly.
Single or “a la carte” coaching sessions are available at an hourly rate. Your first session has a one-hour minimum; subsequent sessions may be shorter if desired.
On-site team coaching is available in half-day or full-day sessions. You may also wish to consider follow-up group sessions via teleconference.
COACHING WORKS. Find out more about what coaching can do for you! To arrange a free confidential, exploratory discussion please email firstname.lastname@example.org or, if you prefer, call ++44(0)7867681439 and speak to Wendy.