Leadership and the keys to keeping your people engaged
Staff engagement – According to a study by global management consultancy, the Hay Group, these are, in summary, the key components of employee satisfaction (Lamb, McKee, 2004);
- Trust and confidence in top leadership
- Effective communication by leadership in three critical areas:
- Providing Information that helps employees understand the company’s overall business strategy.
- Helping employees understand how they contribute to achieving key business objectives.
- Sharing information with employees both on how the company is doing and how an employee’s own division is doing — relative to strategic business objectives.
It is communication that is critical – without that you cannot win trust and confidence. Are you ready to be trustworthy and are you able to communicate a vision of where the organization needs to go? If you want to be a leader may be it is time to learn.
Wendy Smith is a career consultant, life coach and business coach with depth of experience in organisational development, management, coaching and personal development. That experience means she is equally at home helping clients find a new career direction, starting-up new businesses or dealing with life’s more challenging personal issues. You can contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org
Wendy has written a little eBook on how to get on with your boss and a book on job search – you can find all her books on Amazon at this link