Leadership and the keys to keeping your people engaged
A short, sharp, but important post from WiseWolf Talking today.
According to a study by global management consultancy, the Hay Group, these are, in summary, the key components of employee satisfaction (Lamb, McKee, 2004);
- Trust and confidence in top leadership
- Effective communication by leadership in three critical areas:
- Providing Information that helps employees understand the company’s overall business strategy.
- Helping employees understand how they contribute to achieving key business objectives.
- Sharing information with employees both on how the company is doing and how an employee’s own division is doing — relative to strategic business objectives.
It is communication that is critical – without that you cannot win trust and confidence. Are you ready to be trustworthy and are you able to communicate a vision of where the organization needs to go? If you want to be a leader may be it is time to learn.
Wendy Mason is a career coach. She helps people reach their goals and aspirations, without sacrificing their home and personal life. Before working as a coach, Wendy had a long career in both the public and private sectors in general management and consultancy as well as spells in HR. She now divides her time between coaching and writing. You can contact Wendy at firstname.lastname@example.org and find out more at http://wisewolfcoaching.com