Women Leading – Quotes
Women leading – here are some quotes to inspire you!
- Clearly no one knows what leadership has gone undiscovered in women of all races, and in black and other minority men. Gloria Steinem
- Leaders are more powerful role models when they learn than when they teach! Rosabeth Moss Kantor
- Change happens by listening and then starting a dialogue with the people who are doing something you don’t believe is right. Jane Goodall
- A leader takes people where they want to go. A great leader takes people where they don’t necessarily want to go, but ought to be. Rosalyn Carter
- Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, concerned citizens can change world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
- If you have a sense of purpose and a sense of direction, I believe people will follow you. Democracy isn’t just about deducing what the people want. Democracy is leading the people as well. Margaret Thatcher
- Leadership that brings peace is far more courageous than the one which opens fire and goes for war. Asthma Jehangir
- Whether there are innately female leadership styles… is not really the right question. It is more important to ask why there has been so little attention paid to women leaders over the years as well as why the styles of leading more often exhibited by women are particularly useful at this critical moment in history.Charlotte Bunch
- You have to look at leadership through the eyes of the followers and you have to live the message. What I have learned is that people become motivated when you guide them to the source of their own power and when you make heroes out of employees who personify what you want to see in the organization. Anita Roddick
- I’ve been a woman for a little over 50 years and have gotten over my initial astonishment. As for conducting an orchestra, that’s a job where I don’t think sex plays much part. Nadia Boulanger, Conductor [on becoming the first woman to conduct the Boston Symphony Orchestra]
Wendy Smith is a career consultant, life coach and business coach with depth of experience in organisational development, management, coaching and personal development. That experience means she is equally at home helping clients find a new career direction, starting-up new businesses or dealing with life’s more challenging personal issues. You can contact her at email@example.com
Wendy has written a little eBook on how to get on with your boss and a book on job search – you can find all her books on Amazon at this link